Frittatas are Italian for baked eggs. They make for simple Sunday brunch when you want to stir things up in the kitchen without working a sweat. My Son loves this recipe and I adore the fact that he can try healthy self-eating without the mess. Add your favourite vegetables to these cloud-like fluffy eggs to add that crunch as your bite into this savoury toddler-favourite.
- 4 eggs (for 4 frittatas)
- 1/3 green pepper finely diced
- 1/2 tomato finely diced
- 5-6 broccoli florets chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese/Amul cheese shredded
- Zucchini/mushrooms/beans (optional)
- Basil leaf to garnish (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F
- Beat together eggs. Add the finely diced vegetables, shredded cheese and salt and combine.
- If you are adding onions. bacon, sausage or spinach to this recipe, cook these separately on a pan with oil for 3-4 minutes before adding to the egg mixture.
- Grease the muffin ramekins with oil (olive oil works for me) and pour the egg mix into 2/3rd of the ramekin only. Cook for 15 minutes in the oven. Eat slightly cook.
- I used a regular knife to gently detach the frittata from the ramekin when cooked.